Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tired and ready to go home

This 2 week thing is really starting to get to me.

Don't get me wrong, I love these kids and its great to get to spend so much time with them but I am exhausted and in need of good food. I've started getting regular, and by that I mean pretty much constant, stomach aches because of the food here and I can't seem to get enough sleep no matter when I go to bed.

Now the kids are on a two night camp out, well, most of them are, and I'm looking forward to a nice chunk of down time for myself. I don't really want to take too much down time, though. There's still a lot going on here! Later today (actually pretty soon) we're setting up a giant slip 'n' slide for the remaining kids, and other staff are invited to come as well.

Thursday (the kids will be back by then but I still feel the need to brag about this) I will be getting a massage! YAAAYYYYY!!!!!! Best. Day. Ever. And it comes on a day where I have a ton of programs, so the relaxation will be much needed.

For now, despite the storms and tons of rain I am HOT! I don't know if its just this room but holy monkey, its hot.

Lets talk about something cool now. This morning I was walking around the reception building when I saw a coworker of mine, his hands held together in cups like he was protecting something. He approached me saying excitedly, "you're just the person I wanted to see!" Though this guy is one of the nicest people I know, I was filled with dread that the thing he held in his hand was a venomous spider or swarm of angry hornets that he was somehow immune to and about to throw at my face. It wasn't. It was a walking stick buggy thing!!! It was cool. I said to him, "you know, those things bite," but he assured me that it had not bit him. So I took it and held it for a little bit. I was holding a bunch of papers so the challenge of keeping the bug from crawling up my arm was, well, challenging, but we spent some quality time together before I released the bug on to a tree. It was lovely. Stick bugs look WAY cool when they walk, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment