Friday, July 9, 2010

Epicly Awesome?? Yeah, that's me.

That's right! A camper told me today that I am "epicly awesome" Totally made my day. Other things that made my day include an awesome game of capture the flag (though I got KILLED by mosquitoes), and the hopeful possibility of being able to see SOMEONE (not sure who yet) from outside of camp on my night out.

So I'm very scatter-brained and I just realized that I never told you in what context the camper told me I am "epicly awesome" so here it goes...

I had some time to kill so I thought I would go help Randi out with her busy hour at the store. After working there for a little bit I began talking to some of the Lakeside campers (they're the adults). I don't remember exactly what was said, but I made a "The Shining" reference. One of the guys I was talking to started on a tangent about how he loves the audiobook version of The Shining narrated by so and so, and that the Series of Unfortunate Events narrated by such and such is also really creepy and well read etc. From this I told him that I use audiobooks too and it turns out that he uses a source that I used to use, and I use one that he used to use! Longer-than-necessary story shorter, I told him about how much better Reading For the Blind and Dyslexic is from when he used to use it and he said he wants to try switching back(you're welcome, RFBD). After this lengthy conversation the guy was about to leave, but before he headed out he turned and looked at me and said, "You know, you are epicly awesome!" I beamed with joy and pride. :D

I'm sorry for the lack of variety in this post, the scatter-brained-ness, and the poor punctuation and editing. I am very sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment