Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Kids say the darndest things...

So I don't have a ton of time to write this entry so it will be short. I'm going on the over night camp out tonight, and then I have to supervise the cabin during rest hour tomorrow, and tomorrow night is my night out so I won't have time to write in the next 2 days. I just wanted to share with you my two favorite camper stories of yesterday.

The first one involves me and a little girl, Emma. I was putting Emma to bed when she asked me, "Emmi, how old are you?" I told her I'm 19 to which she responded bewildered, "whoa! I mean, you're not like 90 or anything, but that's old." I told some other counselors about it and we joked about how I'm one of the younger people of us all so if I'm old, what does that make them?

Another story was one I was told about by one of my coworkers. She was talking to a different little girl who asked her, "Do you have a boyfriend?" she said no. Then the girl asked, "do you have a fiance?" again, the answer was no. "Do you have a husband?" no. The little girl thought for a second and then asked, "do you have cats??" My coworker is now terrified of being taken as a crazy cat lady, even though she doesn't even like cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment